Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flying Kites

This Sunday was very windy and Josh suggested we head up to the local playground to fly kites. The wind was so strong that all our kites whizzed up into the air and it was a bit of work to hold the octopus one steady. The box kite which is rated "for light wind" broke bit by bit until Joshua declared it could not be fixed and put it away. While we have taken Frost kite flying before we have never had such a strong sustained wind and it was quite exciting for him and all of us. Wren was very brave considering his recent fear of things that move and make noise (like wind). He talked about the wind but didn't panic or demand to go inside.

Here are some pictures of the boys at the field.





Here is a video I just uploaded. It may take a half hour to process and become available so if it doesn't work, please try again later.


I know that some of you, like me, have been trying to interpret Wren's use of NATING in my prior post. I haven't had any success myself but I don't think it matters. I think he is willing to simply contradict anything I say. He probably misheard me saying something and thought I said NATING and so was going to deny the nating by putting away the game.

A bit later this morning I tested this theory by talking gibberish. I said "I am boggling the herp" and Wren said "NO, YOU MAY NOT BOGGLE the HERP". I asked if we could "Fribble?" "NO," he said. "We are NOT Fribble."

See, its just about control. Not sense. Never about sense.

No comments: