Thursday, May 7, 2009

GE Opinion

The gastroenterologist was swift to reach a decision: it is quite likely that it is an intestinal infection of some kind and he hopes I will recover on my own. He has prescribed antispasmodics to reduce pain if I try and eat. He encouraged me to eat some white bread and a scrambled egg, which I have done. I am not sure what is going to happen but am hopeful it is not as bad as before.

However, if I am not better by Monday, I have an endoscopy scheduled. That is when they sedate you and stick a tube down your throat. He says that my symptoms are "not typical of an ulcer" but they can "look around" if I still need it and take biopsies if necessary.

I shall update later on how I am doing with the food.

1 comment:

tamusana said...

hi Shannon,

Glad you've at least seen a gastroenterologist. Any luck with non-pain-inducing food consumption? I would like to say that I feel your pain, but I think that would be disingenuous... fortunately, I've never been close to starving.

Hope things are improving (and then the sun can come out again).

Tam