Friday, May 8, 2009

HUGE Improvement

I have been doing very well eating with the anti-spasmodic medication. The first time I had some very mild pains but nothing that would detract from the joy of an egg and white toast.

I repeated the medication / toast+egg exercise this morning with the same results and then ate a single slice of toast and honey at 2pm without medication. The GE told me it can work pretty fast since it is absorbed sub-lingually and so I tried to eat. I think it worked. It has been 6 hours since that toast and I have no discomfort beyond a bit of backache.

Since then, I have eaten dinner. My bland diet was dover sole with some white rice and boiled carrots. I am very hopeful that whatever I have/had is diminishing and I will be able to avoid any further testing. I shall know by 10pm whether I am better or it is just the medication providing the benefit.

More tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I was very happy to see your title today. I checked your blog before turning in and thought either you'd had a really bad day or a really good one. I'm glad it was the latter. Hope things continue to go well.

tamusana said...

It's amazing how a week's denial can make one so excited about eating egg and white toast.

Hope this healthy trend continues!

Shannon said...

Actually, I am rethinking my whole idea of food. During the ordeal I was in a lot of anxiety about not being able to eat. Since, I have learned that we can go WEEKS on water and a bit of juice with no ill effects. WEEKS.

I think all the emphasis on 3 meals a day, snacks, dieting is to try and help people avoid over-eating while not feeling hungry.

But its OK to feel hungry!!!! We are OK Hungry!

Wyndi said...

hope your feeling better and able to eat

have a happy mothers day!!
~wyndi