Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why you DO that?

When I touch his forehead to check for fever Wren asks "why you DO that?" I explain that I am checking if he is sick. "Wren not sick. Not go doctor?" I reassure him that we don't have to go to the doctor, yet, but he is sick because he still has a fever.

This evening he said "Wren a bit hot". I checked and he was a bit hot. The first reading was 103 but the other ear was 102.4 so I am not sure how hot he was really. It had been 7 hours since he received Tylenol so I gave him a dose and his fever was down to near normal at bedtime.

We still have no symptoms to blame and hope it goes away tomorrow or we will be doing the blood draw on Monday (3 days of unexplained fever) for endocarditis. If he needs one, I think I may take him to Children's clinic for it rather than doing it at the doctors. She had an awful time doing the draw last time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon, Evan has a fever tonight also. No other symptoms although it has just developed.
I was hoping we could see eachother on Monday!
Hoping for a runny Wren nose tomorrow.

Wyndi said...

hope he feels better but if he needs a blood draw go visit Hector he is fast and very good at it . He is in the 6th floor lab. Izzy calls him her boyfriend! she chases him down to give him hugs when she sees him walking around the hospital, he is good at getting blood draws and fast enough at it that izzy still loves him!too funny