Sunday, March 15, 2009

Still Feverish but Active

Wren slept well last night but when he woke (like clockwork) he had a fever of 102.5. I gave him Tylenol and his fever went away. He has been active and engaged and playing as usual but has less humor and is not as energetic. I expect the fever to return when this dose wears off.

As always with the endocarditis risk I would prefer another symptom like a cold. However, many kids at Frost's school and in our community of friends have had fever diseases recently, some of which have persisted for a few days. I shall not panic yet. As always, Wren is sick on a weekend.

He is now running around with a minuscule lego cannon from which he is shooting tiny pellets. He has an ongoing narrative to his game. Here it is verbatim: "Shoot" he says "I doan see it!!!" then "SHOOT, whoa... see that? Its shoot out!!! So FAR AWAY Shannon. Super big!!! I cahn see that its SO FAR AWAY. Woah. Actually. I see that. Ring ring. I dumped it. Now superMAAAN! Super BIG! Here you come. Dump-di-dum! BLONK. Out you come."

Its like a 7 year old talking through him. Wonder how that happened?

No comments: