Monday, March 16, 2009

No fever but catalog crazy

Frost and Wren are reading the 2009 Playmobil catalogs. The free catalogs are a great source of joy to both of them. Frost reads each page in detail while Wren calls his "my Indian book" and says "how read it?" Because it is floppy he has difficulty turning pages.

"I need go pee!" he shouts. I say "RUN!" "No no. I like read Indian book. I goan pee on couch." I disagree swiftly and scoop him up to the potty a long corridor away. "Nooooo," complains Wren "I don't like jump!"

However, we have success.

This morning Wren had no fever but I think it is likely that it returns at some point. Still, it is encouraging to have this respite.

"Wren have this one!" he calls out on seeing the playmobil buffalo in the catalog.

"I will tell you THREE things I like" adds Frost "maybe four". "I really like the Egyptian Playmobil because they are the newest kind and they are coming out in August. They have a tomb treasure, a sphynx and mummy, a pharoah with horse, a ship and THE PYRAMID!"

I explain to Frost that he better be saving money because we can't spend too much on toys. In fact, I suggest we go to the library today to get him something new to read. Frost suggests we add a trip to Top Pot Donuts on the library visit. I explaint that we spent [aka I and kids spent] about $200 last month on eating out and coffee shops on our trips and we have to put a stop to it.

Frost suggests we "get rich so we don't have to pay so many taxes". Honestly, the things he comes up with sometimes. I asked him where he go this bit of theory from and he explained "Obama said it on TV". I hadn't had any coffee yet so I couldn't figure out how to tell him that by many standards we middle classers are rich but still things don't work out to provide unlimited donut and Playmobil shopping.

No comments: