Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tree Take-Down distraction

We are going to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE today. I have no destination in mind although the downtown library and/or Elliot Bay Bookstore is an option. We are all going stir crazy after weeks of winter, rain and festivity. Josh goes back to work today and I think we shall go and ride a bus after naptime. Wren is growing a tooth and complaining like heck about it so I am even more driven to find everyone distraction.

I have just dismounted the Christmas tree and Wren is eating a cherry candy-cane lollipop. Did I mention I needed distraction?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for stopping by our blog about Justin. It has definitely been a ride for us. I haven't quite let my guard down since his BT shunt procedure knowing that the Glenn is just around the corner...we expect it will be within the next month or so.

But, we've been blessed to have such talented and dedicated people by our side. The cardiologist, Dr. Michael Rebolledo of Children's Hospital Orange County (CHOC) has been amazing from the beginning. He actually was the one who diagnosed Justin while in utero. His answers are direct although never with certainty. Because after all, we do not know how to tell what will happen to Justin's heart in the future. And, there is so much research still need to be done that can improve these children's lives...what he says today may not pertain in 5 years.

I asked him about the low-fat diet question one time. He told me that it is not routine for children to go on low-fat diets after the Glenn or Fontan. It is only if something happens during the operation. But, if your doctor is not recommending that you put him on a low fat diet, then he could probably feed like any normal kid. Anyway, keep asking questions if he doesn't give you the answer you need.

I've seen too many times doctors giving ill advice. So, I always look for different opinions.

Hope to hear more from you!

Jennifer
www.fourtran.com