Friday, January 4, 2008

The Official NO from Insurance

We received a letter from Premera, finally. Wren was denied RSV vaccination this season. According to the letter he does not meet the criteria for treatment. The criteria are:

* less than two years old YES
* Chronic lung disease NO ...or
* hemodynamically significant cardiac condition YES
* requiring treatment in the past 6 months NO

So, he will not be getting vaccine this winter. We were prepared for this after our clinic visit. Dr Lewin said he was "too healthy" so he doubted they would approve it.

I guess that Wren will be pleased to forgo the shots and we shall hope that he remains free of RSV or any serious respiratory virus this winter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Shannon,
Have revisited the blog now and am loving the excerpts from the Yockey /Adams household. very interesting. Makes me wonder if men go through all of this or manage to escape to work.. Sorry to miss you on your birthday etc.. will call on skype re everything when I see you on .
love and hugs David

Shannon said...

Hey David
I shall keep my Skype on and waiting. I have missed speaking with you and am glad you have the blog (at least) to check on.

I have not sent you a birthday present and am feeling bad. Can we talk you into getting yourself something indulgent on my account? I shall try and call tomorrow for your birthday if not before. Time different permitting :)