Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SNOW! and not much sleep

Wren woke every 2 hours last night and didn't sleep after 5am so here we are sitting in the darkish living room hooting at the snow and listening to the Kiro 7 Pinpoint traffic report. I don't know why I am watching the traffic report - I have no intention of going anywhere - but its a ritual for me when its snowing because Seattle gets in such a panic about snow. Traffic is bad without snow and when we have an inch on the road "it is a real mess out there and its not over yet!"


Wren was finally persuaded to eat some yoghurt. You can see it all over his face and down his front.

The view from our window. We have about 2" on the ground.

Look at all the snow out there!

Wren didn't have a fever last night but he had trouble with the cough and was wheezing and breathing quickly in the first part of the night. When we got up this morning he had a few fits of coughing and retching until he managed to spit up some of the phlegm in his throat. Since then he has felt better although he will need two naps and I hope I can share one of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi- I hope Wren is eating a bit better...has he tried avacado yet? My 18 mo old loves them. She also loves whole grain pasta in any form with lots of olive oil on it which gives her extra calories. Then there are the organic big bird/elmo crackers you ca find @ QFC. Perhaps organic fig newtons cut into small peices will work for Wren? We also have luck getting our daughter to eat fresh tofu cubes...also has good fat in it. Good luck! Remember that a child often times needs to see a food seven to eight times before they will try it.

Shannon said...

Thanks for the ideas. Hh doesn't like avocado (what is up with that?) but I tried wholewheat pasta and butter tonight and he ate a few pieces so I shall try that again. He likes tofu too but eats so little its not really a meal but worth pursuing.

Anonymous said...

Hi again, this may sound horrible but here goes. Our daughter is such a fussy eater and many days I can not get her to eat in her chair. I literally sit on the floor while she is playing and pop little goodies into her mouth...little slices of string cheese, kidney beans, tofu, banana slices, apples or toast w/ peanut butter, green beans etc. It sounds crazy but it works for us. Of course I would rather she eat in a civilized manner but I can't worry about that right now- just get those nutirents in! Best of luck. Wren is a doll, by the way...both your boys are beautiful.