Friday, June 8, 2007

Fabulous night

We have had some ups and downs with sleep this week but bast night was the best yet. Wren went from bedtime till getting up without crying ONCE! (although he just cried for 10 minutes for nap. Ugh).

He went to bed at 8.15pm. I had meant to put him down earlier but he woke so late that morning and napped 2 hours which meant he had a catnap at 5.30pm and wasn't tired by 7.45 as I had planned.

I put him down alert and expected crying but he was fine and rolled about a bit and went to sleep!

I nursed at 10.30pm (when he roused, thanks for those who suggested that) and he went back to sleep afterwards.

I nursed again at 4.30am when he roused (half an hour later than normal) and he went back to sleep again at 4.45 with a bit of gas and gurgling stomach. I think it would be better to eliminate this nursing but I will work toward making it later.

He woke at 6am thinking it was morning and cooed and chattered in his bed. Usually I pick him up and nurse him at this point but I hid under the blanket and by 6.25 he had gone back to sleep until 7.10am which was the HOPED FOR waking time.

This week we are selling his rainforest swing on Craigslist and it has been replaced with a Baby Einstein jumperoo thing. Its a little seat he stands in surrounded by baby psychedelia. He can bounce out his enthusiasm.

Wren is extremely rolly polly thesedays. He still prefers to roll one direction only (towards his swollen leg) but is doing that with alacrity. He rolls from tummy to back and then back to tummy often enough to make me dizzy. He is starting to push up with straight arms and can sometimes move forwards but pushing against the floor with his feet. He has also started to lift up his legs and arms a bit off the floor in that "airplane" stance.

Frost loves playing with Wren and comes in every morning and tries to lift him up by his arms into standing position. He loves to hold him upright while he wobbles.

No comments: