Saturday, April 7, 2007

Sleep 101

Ever since Wren stopped sleeping I have been doing everything at a rush. I estimate I have about 45 minutes between him going to sleep and needing to take to the bed myself otherwise I can't compensate for all the interuptions which are likely.

I know its been only a few days - definitely less than a week - but already it feels as if those long sleeps are a dream. There was the ER night, and then last night with one three hour period - but there were a few days before that which were a bit shaky.

I am wondering if its a matter of confidence. Now that I doubt his ability to sleep I think he senses it. He smells my fear and wakes more quickly.

So far, this evening he has woken twice since I put him down to sleep half an hour ago. That is very unusual. I set him down in the swing, gave him Tylenol and got ready for bed. Of course he has now gone to sleep - snoring - and I shall have to move him and no doubt wake him in the process.

I know its not 10pm but I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

i hope his leg is looking better today and that you all got some rest last night.
I miss the sun already!