Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mastitis

I am sick with mastitis (breast infection). I have had a fever since yesterday and am alternating between freezing and boiling. I feel like a donkey kicked me in the chest. I started antibiotics last night but my OB says they may take 24 hours to take effect. This is not fun.

Wren is okay. Frost is cursing at the TV on which he is trying to play a snowboarding playstation game and is wanting to eat easter eggs for breakfast. Josh got up with Wren early this morning but has now gone back to bed.

Outside the wind is gale force. It is churning the spring leaves around like dust motes in a sunbeam and literaly howling at the windows.

Wow, spring break is so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry your sick ! if you need anything give me a call. wyndi

Shannon said...

Thanks Wyndi
It is so kind of you to offer. I am feeling better this afternoon with the Tylenol and hope that the infection is knocked out by the antibiotics. It was horrible. I am really sad thinking of all the women who suffered through this before antibiotics.