Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Games boys play

Things are improving since I took my double dose of Tylenol. I woke from a nap with Wren and found Frost sitting in the corridor eating all the easter candy from the bag. It was lunchtime. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was scared by the noises in the house because there was nobody there but there was a scratching noise and the window and at the door. I guessed the noise at the window was a branch blown by the wind and the scratching at the front door was Fat Cat who finds it inconvenient to walk around the back for the cat door.

So thats when I took my Tylenol early and made frost a healthy snack plate.

Frost says "I am wearing two pairs of underwear so if I pee in one pair I can take that off and put on the other pair again"

He has made up a game in which he sits on the couch and throws a pillow in the air. Depending on whether the pillow lands on him or beside him he gives himself points. He does sound effects like "WHAAAB" and "BEE BEE BAAAH" as he makes the throw.

I still have a fever and pain but am able to do some rudimentary housework - those unforgiving things like laundry and garbage which has to go out tomorrow - which has a timetable. Frost is being very helpful but makes every helping thing into a game by hiding things, carrying things in his underwear or pretending to throw out my library books.

No comments: