Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Entertainment

Wren and I are sitting on the bedroom floor watching Frost jumping on the bed doing his "exercise". He says he is going to live to 100 because he eats healthy food and does good exercise. Mind you, this is the kid who I caught eating candy for lunch scant hours earlier. He tells me that Max is also going to live to 100 because although he eats desert it is desert that "has protein in it."

We are sitting on the floor watching Frost because he complained that "since Wren was born he gets all the entertainment and you never play with me anymore." I conceded that I played with him less than I used to, to which he added:

"Perhaps since you are sick Wren will get sick and die now"

I asked him (in a nicely neutral tone) if he was upset with Wren to which he gave me the mature response:

"No, I don't really want him to die or something bad to happen to him but I wish he would nap more or nap longer so you could play with me."

I agreed. So we sat and watched Frost jumping which was all the non-digital entertainment I can manage right now.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

Frost is a sweet smart little guy! You are doing a good job balancing life with the two of them. When Wren is a little bigger Frost is going to get a lot more joy out of having him around and watching him grow! He will have to hide all his toys! Izzy is crawling faster and faster and is after anything that looks like it is not hers:)