Sunday, March 18, 2007

Where to this blog?

As some of you will notice, I have been keeping an almost-daily update of Life-with-Wren. In the beginning this made sense because there was always something new to report. Thesedays, Wren tends to do remarkable things in small increments so a weekly update would probably suffice to capture them. News on the status of his heart defect will tend to come bi-monthly at our cardiology clinic appointments.

So, my question is "what should I do with this blog?"

I could do the following:
1) Keep updating daily and make it more of a Life With Wren blog which includes my thoughts and rants about motherhood along with Wren and Frost's wonderful accomplishments and little mishaps - a snapshot of our daily existance.

2) Keep updating with daily comments about Wren, much like a baby-notebook and do my own soul-searching elsewhere.

3) Update weekly with summary of Wren that week (much like a less intense baby-journal) and post about Cardiac clinic etc as important events come up.

I am not leaning strongly in any direction right now. I really want to keep a nice record of Wren's life as I am so enjoying reading what I recorded about Frost. I also enjoy writing daily but might prefer to do this on topics not directly Wren-related.

Any comments welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Blogs are wonderful. I think that you should do what you enjoy writing about! I'm sure there will be enough about baby Wren! love David

Anonymous said...

Ok this is my first time writing you.I have been a long time reader and even though we do not know each other i am part of the heart group that you attend at children's hospital although i have not had the chance to attended, due to my sons being ill a lot over the last year.My name is heather and my son is kendall mobley. we have a care page if you are interested in reading our journey. I am very hopefully that you will continue to write about your sons journey and your family. I feel that you really get a lot of enjoyment in venting some of your issues i always look forward to hearing about your days with your kids and the way you look at things is great...feel free to send me a note or read kendall page his care page is kendallmobley thanks for many days of good reading...god bless,heather mobley
email is mobley_heather@yahoo.com

Shannon said...

David and Heather
Thankyou for your comments. I am leaning towards writing family stuff here and then putting my own egotistic rants on my old journal. THat way if its nothing to do with our family (like my current interest in gentrification of our neighborhood) I can write without mentioning how Frost used to play with the Tibetan girl who lived in the house that was demolished :)

Heather, thanks for your care page info. I will definitely read it and hope we meet at a future support group meeting. i am planning to be there next month.

Anonymous said...

As you know I enjoy all your blogs, motherhood soul-searching and I'd be very interested in your thoughts on gentrification too...it would be quite awesome if you continue to share...You are a great writer. Thanks! AFIC

Anonymous said...

Shannon

I too love to read your blog and hope you cont to share your wonderful and refreshing thoughts:)
wyndi

Wyndi said...

yes monday is her apt. they do a echo, ekg every 8 weeks so far

they also do x rays and check her pacemaker every 6 mths we call it in from home for a check every month

they watch her arch where it was interrupted and repaired for narrowing, watch her valves because she has regurgitation and now they are watching her mitral valve because it is prolapsing. They also watch her heart function and output and the muscles for signs of stress from her chd and also check for any problem caused by the steroids and hemangiomas
I'll post news when we get home. I hope it is all good news

Wyndi said...

izzy's mitral valve is still prolapsing and has some regurgitation but it looked about the same as the last echo so meds where increased today. her valve does not prolapse for the common reason one of the flaps is thicker than the other rather than larger than the other? dose wrens have any regurgitation?