Thursday, March 29, 2007

Slightly disturbing

Today I came across a few slightly disturbing pieces of information:

1) Numerous household plastics including my plastic water bottle is probably leaching toxic chemicals into my drinking water. The big water tank is made from the same polycarbonate and is probably doing the same thing. As a result I called the plumber and asked him to come and install the water filter I got for my 40th birthday. I feel such a dunce but I can't understand what to do by reading the manual. Its about 40 pages long and full of references to different kind of valves and tubes.

2) Some babies are born with teeth - 1 in 2000 to be (imprecisely) exact. I know it sounds improbabe but I was reading up on when teeth normally appear and while 4-7 months is average they can appear in a newborn. Ouch. I am convinced Wren will cut a tooth soon. He is gnawing on everything and cries when he can't find something to chew. Still, he won't take a proper teething ring or toy. He doesn't like to chew plastic which probably shows good judgement considering point 1).

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

i received an email about this also and warning me not to freeze plastic bottles, I wonder if zip lock bags are being looked into?