Saturday, March 31, 2007

Wren is a level 70 Sleep Mage

Wren has finally achieved Good Sleeper status to the great joy of all who sleep near him. Last night that included Joshua, Shannon and Frost (Take note ye family bedders - he is 5 and still camps out in our room 3 nights a week!)

Wren went to sleep at 9.30pm and woke at 5am for a nurse. I got up at 7.30am and he was still asleep. At 8am (after breakfast for Frost and his school lunch were made) I checked on Wren to find him awake and happy. Yippee!

We are now working on "good going to sleeper" status as he is very hard for me to get started on nap or bed in any way other than nursing or wearing. He lets Josh rock him to sleep in his arms but anything else is full of noisy complaint.

Oh, I should add: Wren is starting to look squished in the hospital provided wedge which is his sleeping place. I am wondering what happens next. We have stopped Zantac and he isn't showing any discomfit so I am not sure that he still needs elevated sleep but it is really all he has known so I am a bit trepiditious about changing things. Perhaps its time for some horizontal naps as practice.

His only meds now are baby aspirin and poly-vi-sol which are both easy to administer. Now, if I can find the 1/2" drill bit I can drill the hole for the water filter faucet before Josh comes home and prohibts me from risking the kitchen counter.

5 comments:

Wyndi said...

are you going to the heart group tomorrow if so we will see you there:)

Shannon said...

Yes, we will be there today. Wren has his last synagis shot for this winter in the morning and I have planned to come along this afternoon.

Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the status change! We are just now trying to transition Gabe to his crib from our bed...for the second time. It is not pretty. We are co-sleeping out of self defense - LOL!

I would give it a whirl without the wedge...see what happens!

Happy drilling!

Shannon said...

Hi Emily-E
I remember your post about how the cardiologist smiled at your not letting him cry. I let Wren cry a bit but not as much as I endured with Frost his big brother.

I like having everyone in the family room - for me it was not by default BUT I insist on separate beds. The months Frost slept IN our bed were a disaster. He has a small mattress by the bed and Wren has his wedge. I am thinking of trying Wren flat in the crib in our room.. but its tricky. There is not a lot of space. I wonder if there is an interim safe sleeping arrangement - not crib or our bed or a co-sleeper. The floor? I am seriously thinking about Wren sleeping on a mat on the floor.

Lauren said...

Elias is 7 and still occasionally comes in to sleep in his "nest" on the floor. Some kids just need "company" as Elias often says.