Sunday, March 25, 2007

Creepy shadows and dawn too soon

Saturday again (my weeks spin like a dervish) and its cold and rainy outside. I tried to explain to Frost (at 6.45am) that now that its spring he doesn't need to get up when daylight begins.

He said "my legs feel weak in the morning"
I said it was because he was tired and only fell asleep at 10pm and it was not enough sleep.

For the past 3 days Frost has gone to bed without "mimi" his silky blanket. The weird thing is that he seems to have forgotten that he needed it. Last night, at 9.30pm he called out for me and said we must make up a list of what to do at bedtime because "something is missing, it doesn't feel right but I can't remember what it is."

I showed him that he was sleeping on two pillows instead of one and suggested that I could fix that.

Then he was scared of the strange "creepy" silhoettes on his darkened blinds. We explored that and found it was the silhoette of a tree projected onto his blinds by a street light. That seemed to reassure him.

Meanwhile, Wren has been sleeping very well recently - at least 5 hours in a stretch every night and then another 3 to follow. Last night was different. He kept waking up and crying in his sleep and trying to gnaw his hands. I think I can feel a bump under his gum (front left) which is probably a tooth. I don't know whether the potential tooth is bothering him or whether he has something else sore but I hope he works it out (or we do) today.

Actually, I may take him to the pediatrician today to check his ears and listen to his chest since he still coughs when he goes out in the cold and in the morning when he wakes up and it sounds gunky.

Yesterday I took some photos of us all for a "photo diary". The idea is that you photograph all the major activities of the day. I think I made it to 3pm before giving up. Firstly, there were very few major activities and those that occured were cyclical - diaper change and nap - and I am almost always too busy to reflect on life after 3pm when Frost gets home.

Still, I will post a half-day photo diary for posterity.

No comments: