Thursday, March 22, 2007

I can carry him!

Yesterday Frost was allowed to carry Wren (supervised) for the first time. He was very proud and excited. It was allowed because he pointed out that he had only held Wren 3 times since he was born and we all agreed that it was not enough.

I said he could hold him every day from now on as long as a grownup was there.


This is the picture of Wren at 14 weeks. He is about 16lbs and has nice plump thighs. His eyes are still blue but a dark and speckled blue that could easily change color.



Wren has been crying a lot today because every single nap has been interupted. I finally nursed and put him down half an hour ago and he is still sleeping - a record. I have vowed to let Wren remain at home tomorrow (made easier by having no car). Today, I did carpool, groceries, yoga, fetched Frost and took them to the dentist. Wren cried on every car trip I made until my nerves were shot and he was exhausted enough to fall asleep (only to be woken when we arrived somewhere.)

I should mention that he has been sleeping VERY well at night. Last night he slept for 6 and a half hours without waking (he has done this one other night this week.) I am still having trouble sleeping soundly but I am sure my sleep will improve when Wren sleeps for longer periods on a regular basis.

Frost was late for his dentist's appointment so we have to go back for his sealants but he had his bitewing X-rays and there are no cavities. However, he has an overbite that is being made worse by sucking so mimi has to be 'given away to someone who needs it' according to the dental hygienist. Dr Sata said that Frost will be referred to the orthodontist when he is 7 or 8 to look at ways of resolving his bite. Ugh. I hope we have dental insurance by then.

4 comments:

Wyndi said...

they are both beautiful boys! what a wonderful picture of frost holding him!!

Shannon said...

It is a lovely shot. I think it shows how pleased Frost was feeling. He can't wait until Wren is more able to play in a way he can relate to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,

Heard you called. Hopefully everyone will be in good enough health on both ends that we can see each other again soon. It's been far too long!

Sarah

PS - The boys are darling! Both of them are getting so big.

Wyndi said...

i loved your comment on r mays page I when people told me izzy would be ok I felt alone but did not really understand why the comment annoyed me or caused anger and I felt guilty because it annoyed me. I wanted her to be ok I so why did it bother me beside the fact that those who said it did not know your comments nailed the feelings and are so true! maybe they are a little irrational but not to me:) they make perfect sense