This entry is particularly interesting because, five years ago, Frost was 3 and three quarters. He was six months older than Wren is now.
Here is the entry:
DECEPTION PASS April 23rd 2005
Camping with Frost:
- Frost holds candy in very high regard. We find some tiny red tick-like animals on the beach. I call it a "crab. Frost leaves a candy on the beach for them, checking as they 'eat it'. Frost is thrilled "Mummy, they have never had candy before! I think they like us.
- He pretends to be "rats" and Kitty. Rats talks to me and eats a lot. Kitty eats with her face right in her plate and zombies come at night, being "nocturnal".
- "Mummy, camping is not like home. I miss my ratties and kitty and Daddy and I miss watching TV when I eat lunch."
- He sings a song "It's Kitty playtime as he wraps the hammock sides around over his head. I ask where he heard this song and he told me that it was on Teletubbies [does he watch this ? not with ME!] They sing "its Tubbie playtime" which "reminds me of this". I am concerned with all his TV Iconography.
- He loves digging on the beach with his big shovel. He makes volcanoes from sand with crater depressions in the summit. I put a seaweed "eruption" on one and now he follows suit.
- Frost and I enjoy birdwatching. He uses the binoculars but can't find the birds in them which causes frustration.
- "Hey, where did the Zombies go? Oh, they are going swimming. See how far out they are.. that black dot is them!"
- "Frost, do you need to pee?" "No, I am just dancing."
- He find slugs along the path and crouches down to watch them.
- Reading and writing: Frost writes his name and the word CAT and other simple things.