Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lunar New Year


I think I mentioned that I was helping facilitate the Lunar New Year Celebration at Frost's school. It was held yesterday and was a big success, if measured by numbers. We went through 450 paper plates and a few people estimated that there were 500 people there. I have no idea but it was B-U-S-Y and we finished all our pounds of Costco Candy and the 150 Lai-See's of jelly beans.

I am very relieved its over. Josh came and helped look after Wren during setup and over the night. It was pretty hectic.

Here are some pictures.


Myself, photographed by Wren at Roy Street Coffee (the faux Starbucks).
Wren enjoying his kids foam with chocolate - they did a great one.

Gei's Chinese New Year display.
The Belltown Martial Arts dancers perform the lion dance (Buddha and Lion are friends).
The crowd (Josh and Wren coloring new years pictures at the yellow table). Finally, Frost posing in my sunglasses. It was sunny enough for sunnies yesterday.

No comments: