Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wrenisms

This evening, while getting naked for the bath Wren took the bath spout off and put it over his hand. "Does my robot hand look terrifying?" he asked. "Yes," I said. He took it off.

"Why did you take it off?"

"It was too terrifying" he explained. "Now I am putting it back on."

"What kind of robot are you?" I wondered.

"No robot, just Wren." He said, looking at me as if I was stupid. "But I am a ROBONIX robot and I need a robot gun and clothes on. " He went off and put some dimes and pennies in the hand.

"Here comes a bullet, pshhshshshkkkkt shooooooting. Braaaghahgahaha."

Frost is not home so this is all his enactment of the art of war, age 2 coming on 8.

"They are breaking things up. When I was your age I said to the robot please could you spare a little bit of toast and he did and I branged it home."

"Sounds like he's a good robot."

"Yes, he is. Brrrrrgggghthth."

"What's that bgggght noise?"

"Its my robot shooting some bullets. Hear the bullets?" He shakes the hand and dimes rattle around and fall out. "PFFFFFT PFFFT." THey hit the Guinness Book of World Records which crashes end over end to the floor.

"What's happening now?" I get no response as some newspapers fly off the couch. "Robot, robot? What's your name?"

"My name is ROBONIC. I am a nice robot. I tend to play fight."

"Do you bath?"

"Uh huh!"

"Let's go bath then."

I was planning to end the post there but from the corridor, on the way to the bath I hear:

"He is a bionic fluck robot."

Uh oh. Does that mean something or is it a chance creative mispeaking? Should I find someone to blame or confess - this is my 2nd child and sometimes I say "fluck."

No comments: