Friday, September 11, 2009

New School Day Two

Frost had a better day today, one he described as "50/50 bad and good". The good seemed to outweigh the bad in his stories so I think it was a step in the right direction.

Unlike yesterday, he did some work today. They are doing ART - working with carbon paper and watching presentations on a slide-show. He seemed excited by the potential of carbon copying.

He also knew the names of some kids and sat next to one on the bus-ride home. The boy he sat next to was described as "very funny and very naughty. He does really bad pranks." I wonder where this will lead. I sincerely hope he did not really feed his baby sister mud pudding as he claimed.

Frost's major complaint today was not knowing where or when to use the bathroom. Frost finds the idea of asking someone about the bathroom very embarrassing and does not want to talk to his teacher about it in public. Also, he worried about asking for a hall pass to use the bathroom because "I know where it is but I don't know how to get there."

He claims that you are not allowed to go at recess because you have to stay outside on the playground. I am not sure when they are really supposed to go but we are going to go into school early and try and figure this out. At last, a task I can handle.

No comments: