Monday, July 13, 2009

Vashon Lavender Tour and Wild Waves

We have an exciting few days ahead. I woke to the wonderful sound of RAIN this morning. I know everyone outside the area has an awfully prejudicial view of Seattle as cloaked in mists and being some form of temperate rainforest. Not true. We have had a spring dry spell leading into our usual dry season. According to Cliff Mass's Seattle Weather Blog it has been the driest May 20-30 June in the 116 years on record. We have had 0.18 inches in that period. The tomatoes are loving it and we have been playing outside a lot more like mid-summer.

Anyway, I love the rain. Unfortunately, the snails do too. The damp is not turning us off our plan to visit Vashon Island today and see some farms on the Lavender Festival. We are also going to an open house for the kind of place we may think of buying. I stress "kind of" despite my husband's great enthusiasm to buy something right now and just figure out how to work it all out. I remain in the Discussion and Implications status of the project and am tentatively moving to the feasibility and waking up in the night worrying stage.

Tomorrow, we are going to Wild Waves - a local water park. Wren will be with Heather while Frost and I are going off alone to the land of waterslides and pools and splashing. Wish me luck and let us know if you want to join us.

No comments: