Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ups and Downs

Wren has been doing well considering his diagnosis on Monday. His fever abated completely that day and he has had energy and relatively good humor since. Yesterday we took him out on a bike ride and to watch sports day at Frost's school.

Now I am concerned we overdid it.

In the night he had a few bouts of coughing which I have not heard since the bug struck and this morning he is not himself. He did not want to get up and cried as if exhausted. When he woke again and said he wanted to get up he coughed and lot and then cried saying he didn't want his cough and didn't want me to pat his back (I do it to help the coughing).

The only thing I could suggest that would console him was lying on the couch and watching Dora which he is now doing.

We are supposed to be leaving for two days with my Dad's in-laws in Vancouver B.C. but I am going to swing by the doctor with Wren first thing to check the sounds of his chest have not worsened despite being on Day 3 of Augmentin.

No comments: