Monday, May 25, 2009

Jumping in the Sun

Its the Memorial Day weekend and its SUNNY here which is quite exciting. I went to Fred Meyer this morning and bought all the essentials for summer - a wading pool, charcoal briquettes and some new deck chairs. The chickens went out early because it was so warm.

The wading pool was used immediately . Frost stripped off and Wren and he played a game where Wren squirted Frost while he slid down the slide screaming. Here Frost is hiding under the lid of a big tub so he doesn't get sunburned.


Wren is 'Brave'
Today , Wren asked if he could jump off the deck. I said "no" but Joshua said "yes." I suggested that he start jumping off one step and then the next step. By the time he was jumping from the third step I agreed that he could jump off.

Here are some pictures of Wren jumping. "I am brave" says Wren. He was brave MANY times.




I had a lovely day. I managed to install our new clothesline, clean up the yard, plant some flowers and do some weeding. Josh repaired the hose pipe line which burst during the cold snap last winter. We even BBQ'ed some chicken and had an early dinner. Frost refused to eat the meat so he had baked potatoes.

I am thinking of taking Wren for a weight check next week because he's not eating very well. He'll have an egg for breakfast but the rest of the day its hard to know whether he is eating enough and today was typical. Unless I am chasing him around he nibbles a bit of tomato and cheese.

No comments: