Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Adelaide Market

There will be no blog posts after Thursday because we're going down the York Penninsula for Easter weekend.

Easter is a big deal around here - a big deal for chocolate eggs and for going away. The traffic jams are legendary. Tomorrow morning we are going to the Adelaide food market to stock up for the weekend. We went last week and Frost really enjoyed the abundance of lollies.

There are many speciality stores which sell everything from asian greens to kangaroo meat. The next photo is mum at the Kangaroo meat butcher. Frost is covering his eyes from the horror of meat.

I have been enjoying fresh passionfruit and tropical fruit. On our last visit the passionfruit were 5 for AU$2 and I bought a dragonfruit for $4.

Here is Frost showing the interior of the dragon fruit which he found quite impressive. It takes mildly sweet like rosewater and is reminiscent of a prickly pear fruit.
We bought some pastries and bagels as well although Frost and Wren found the bagels 'different' and not quite right.

Here are Mum and Wren admiring a baker's stand.

While at the market I got into an altercation with a man while drawing cash at an ATM. He pushed in before we were done and stood alarmingly close to me. When I told him that he was rude (this was at some point into our 'discussion') he said I had no right to use the ATM because my card wasn't from that bank and that I was stealing the supermarket cart! Obviously things are different in Australia.

No comments: