Thursday, November 6, 2008

Flight of the Hedgehogs

I wanted to post these few pictures of our flight today. Wren was very excited at the airport and kept wanting to get down and rub his hands on things. I think I went through half a bottle of Purell just getting him on the plane and then I sat down to read my magazine (Mother Jones) and it had a two page article on the perils and evils and mass-marketing of germ-hysteria. I consider myself a special case at the moment (sticking bacitracin up your nose puts you in a class by yourself, right?) so I continued to use my poisonous wipes and potions but I did check the ingredients against the most carcinogenic components.

Here, Granny holds Wren before we head through the security checkpoints. It took ages to get through because we had so much stuff with the stroller, carseat and both our laptops as well as the usual travel luggage for a toddler.



When we were on the plane and the engines fired up, Wren became very sad. He said "very scared. Too noisy. All gone. GET OFF" Thankfully we distracted him with grapes and hedgehog and he fell asleep as soon as we leveled off (thanks to some baby-whispering by Josh).



He enjoyed the rest of the flight although the decent through clouds worried him. I drank an entire can of tomato juice (a big one) and I thought how much Frost would enjoy being able to order a soda when he comes to join us.

Over the last week, Mum has influenced me to drink a lot of tea. Tea=having a break so it has been fun to have tea-parties with the boys, sitting at table with nice cups and a cookie each. Both boys have been drinking tea but Wren really loves it and enjoys holding his precious china cup himself and saying "more tea??" after his first cup.



I spoke with Suzie (Seattle mom at LPCH) and she mentioned that many families at RMH had faced a surgery delay of a few days. I know this is possible but I am dreading that awful countdown where you wonder if its going ahead and what will happen if it does OR if it doesn't. I guess we are heading towards the precipice and we have done all we can for things to go well.

4 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh yes...getting "bumped"..... it happened to us, but only for a few hours...

and lots of families I know....

so be prepared just in case.

Kathy said...

Oh Hi...
Just another Vegas Mama (got your blog from Terri)...we're frequent fliers at Stanford also.

We'll keep checking on you and your little angel!!

Kathy

The Portas said...

Hello! Another heart mama here, and friend of Terri's. And Kathy! These two are a great support.

Anyway, we'll keep checking in on you guys. Praying that today is going well for you all.

Megan

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ahh...
Kathy and Megan...

you have a great cheerleading team!
These girls are the best!