Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No news, again

Its now 10 days post the last conversation with Cardiology about our referral to Stanford (Dr Hanley). I called Dr Lewin who called Stanford but did not hear back by the end of the day. He is out of the office tomorrow but may hear back and will call from Tri-cities if he does. Otherwise Thursday.

I asked whether this kind of time frame is usual. He said it has been 2 years since he had a patient referred down there and they had a different system then where he received a call from Dr Hanley.

He didn't think it was beyond a "normal" time-frame for referral.

Sure feels too long.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I feel your pain with the waiting game. Everything takes a long time there! But Dr. Hanley is amazing and is literally doing surgery all the time! That's why it's so hard to get a hold of him. Every Wednesday he does a unifocalization surgery, which is a 10-12 hour surgery. Then he still does surgery at Stanford two other days a week, and I believe he travels to other hospitals to do surgery the other days of the week.

I hope you get to hear some news soon!

Wyndi said...

i ma sorry your waiting still! It sounds like he is an amazing surgeon.

Shannon said...

Hi Andrea
Thanks for giving us more info. I always think of those I 'know' who have gone to Stanford and it feels more possible to get through this stage.

Looking at the calendar I see that it has been a whole month since Wren had his cath and we are still not on a schedule. This is the part I find hard... the waiting to wait.

I know its part of the whole process but sometimes I feel like just getting on a plane and getting it over with.

Shannon