Friday, June 13, 2008

Argh, Lego is the plural

Although Frost has ample Lego, I keep an eye on Craigslist for choice listings and garage sales where we might find mini-figures for Frost or construction Duplo for Wren. My ongoing search term of "Lego" has sparse offerings... every day or so someone lists an X-box game or a bundle of mega-blocks disguised as Lego but not much interesting.

But yesterday, I hit the motherload. I discovered that the Craigslist search engine does not search using the string in other words so my LEGO search did not include LEGOS. Silly me. I never thought a person would say LEGOS but apparently Americans like to pluralize Lego with an "s" and all their sales were listed in this way. I guess one could buy a single Lego block but most people want more which is why they stick on the S.

After I got over the sighing and rolling my eyes part, I have been enjoying catching up on all the LegoS I have missed and having a few more hits on my RSS feed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe Americans play with Playdohs, and Mechanos and Lincolns too.

If someone says they play with "Legos" I know they are American.

I wonder if they build a castle out of sugar cubes, would they tell their mom they were playing with "Sugars"?