Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1/2 way done - no sedation required

Wren had his echo at 8am. Dr Lewin wanted to try without sedation so we used Bob the Builder to hold Wren's attention and he managed to lie still (enough) and play quiet(ly enough) to get through 45 minutes without any sedation. Our echo was done by Erin.

We are very pleased.

Because I was lying next to him distracting him and keeping him from grabbing the imaging wand and goop, I didn't have time to analyze the image as I usually do. I did notice lots of turbulence (still) and high peaks on the little pulses which measure pressure or gradient.

We are home for 2 and a half hours to sleep and then return for the 1pm appointment with Dr Lewin to discuss the findings.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Thinking about you guys today, hoping you get some good news.

Shannon said...

Thanks Jane. I hope that your silence on the blog means things are going well with Ramona and Simon and you are having fun with the early summer.

Jane said...

We are. Feeling too comfortable to have too much to say, if you know what I mean. I'm gearing up to post soon after we get some news from immunology, but until then I'll be off at the park...