Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Seeds of Compassion

The Dalai Lama is in town. This morning Frost is at Children's Day at Key Arena, an event with the Dalai Lama especially for children. It is set up as part of the broader Seeds of Compassion week. It was wonderful to see all the buses lining up to drop the school-kids off. I think Ariadne might be there too because I saw the Evergreen bus.

Anyway, I dropped the kids of this morning in the fabulous almost-new minivan. I had 4 kids in the back with complete ease and amenity. I am tongue in cheek though you wouldn't know it but hey, what's not to love about mini-vanning once you relinquish the idea of yourself as someone groovy in a 60's citroen. Its like wearing big white underwear, like using your free time to watch TV, like giving up on asking your husband to help with housework. We all fall from grace into something different, or perhaps we fall from intention into grace.

No comments: