Saturday, April 5, 2008

Haircut happiness and lots of climbing

Its been less than a week since I last posted and I feel I need to write a book to cover all that has been happening.

First up, I had my long hair cut off. I went to a little local salon called Hair By Joey. Its not a salon strictly speaking, but a micro-salon in Joey's house in the Maple Leaf neighborhood. I have never before had a stylist LISTEN to me so intently and I am pleased with the result. Here is a picture of me with shorter hair with Wren in the background in the first one.



The next two pictures are from last week. During the last week in March we had the coldest weather on record. In the atmosphere above us (according to the NPR weather guy) they recorded the coldest temps in 32 years. As a result we had a rather freak snowstorm or series of snowstorms in the last week of March. In previous years I have been harvesting my first crop of lettuce and my potatoes were almost in. This year the soil temps are only mid 40's while we need 50's to plant. So, we are feeling the chill and my long coat had an extra workout.

Frost loved the snow and took the camera out in it to record his spring snowman. Wren was devastated that I would not let him romp outside (for long). It was just too damn cold! Wren is absolutely obsessed with being outside. Thankfully, we have had some mild sunny days this week and we have spent a long time each afternoon outside gardening. Wren loves it. He runs around and digs and tries to use the spade and the rake and picks up worms. It is going to be a fun summer with him.



I am trying to get our tax return finished so I am going to save some more Wren updates for another post. We are still here and more is coming soon!

No comments: