Sunday, March 23, 2008

We have a minivan, candy and a golden egg

After a mammoth visit to the Kia dealer we are the exhausted owners of a 2006 Kia Sedona. It is dark blue and has done 18K miles. It is a bit scruffy but will be detailed next week.

Meanwhile, we are enjoying the space and views from all windows.

After a ridiculous offer and a more reasonable counter-offer we declined to trade in our Subaru Outback Ltd. So, if you know someone in the market for a 2002 Outback with leather seats and relatively low miles then give us a call! I am going to get the moonroof serviced this week and try and fine a tame detailer to save Wren from living in the garage while I tend the car.

This evening Joshua asked not to talk about cars. He had to wake up early (for him) to get to the Easter Egg hunt at the community center and is now napping on the couch. It was a fun time hunting for eggs and Wren enjoyed eating chocolate. Frost enjoyed racing other kids for eggs filled with candy. Also, he managed to find and grab one of 3 "golden eggs" containing tickets which could be redeemed for an easter basket with a few bags of candy and a toy in them. He was thrilled to get a golden egg and said it was one of the best things that had ever happened in his life.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the Easter Egg hunt because I used the video camera. I do have some great footage of the Joy Of the Golden Egg. Pictures of the minivan will follow.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Unfortunately, I don't believe you live anywhere near MA, otherwise we'd be in touch about the car. :-)

(BTW, don't know that I've ever left a comment. Been reading for a while - the kids are just too adorable! Our son is 2 and HLHS - I imagine I probably stumbled on you during one of my searches for CHD blogs.)

Shannon said...

Hi Erika
Welcome! We are in Seattle :) Your son looks very cute in your picture. I hope he is doing well.

Do you have a CHD support group in your area?

Shannon