Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fever day 3

Today was the third day of Wren's fever. It was a negligible fever and I did not give him Tylenol until bedtime but he still had long periods of being cranky and dissatisfied with life. He let me know about it.

The day began at 6am when he woke, obviously exhausted (less than 9 hours sleep since he and I were up for 90 minutes around 3-4.30am). Josh and I couldn't get him back to sleep and Josh later suggested he had a sore throat.

We had some fun times - stopping in the park in the sun for a while on the way home from buying milk at PCC, picking those tiny white daisies that are springing up from nowhere in the lawns, chasing the cats, poking the butter with our fingers (well, that was Wren) and ending with a long bath of chasing the dodecahedron dice underwater.

Still, I am hoping for a normal day and - more importantly - a restful night to restore my equanimity and youthful (sic) enthusiasm.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope he's feeling better soon and you all get some rest today.

Jane said...

Bummer Shannon,

Hoping you all get healthy and stay healthy...