Thursday, December 13, 2007

Babysitter going well

Yesterday, I had my first morning of babysitting without having to work a school shift. I went to the gym for an hour and then met with Mia at Third Place to work on the school marketing plan. Okay, I didn't exactly hit the Spa as I had threatened but it was pretty good to be able to speak without interruption for a few hours. I had coffee, a soup and bread and didn't have to share anything.

The new babysitter is wonderful. She comes to our house with her little boy who is almost 4. She bought Wren a birthday present (which reminds me, we should get something little for Kyler who is turning 4 on Sunday). Wren doesn't cry when I leave him with her and she has put him to bed once. These are both huge steps forward. Next week she is coming in three mornings because I have to work two shifts at school and have a dental appointment. When Frost was little I once took him to the dentist with me and had him sit on my tummy and go with the nurse when he was fussy. This is much easier.

Meanwhile, Wren has had a stuffy nose for two nights. He doesn't seem to have a cold during the day so perhaps its a post-nasal drip thing. It makes him wake up a lot and he can't nurse first thing in the morning. I hope it passes soon.

No comments: