Monday, November 5, 2007

Nightdark Losing

Last night our clocks switched back an hour at 2am. This suits everyone except those with young children. Young children cannot be switched back an hour at 2am. They want to go to sleep an hour early and wake an hour early. In Wren's case, morning was 4.45am which had just become 3.45am. Yuck.

I let him cry for 15 minutes and he fell asleep for an hour until 4.45am nightdark losing time and we got up. Through diligence and perseverance I managed to get him to bed at the usual time by the clock rather than by the body. It was seven thirty BTC and he was exhausted.

I bet he will wake in the 4's so I am going to bed in an hour or so in resigned anticipation.

Got to love those long hours of darkness in which I drink instant coffee, clean up the living room, unpack the dishwasher, make Frost's lunch and watch half a CSI by 6am.

No comments: