Monday, September 3, 2007

Later bedtime earlier wakening

Last night we put Wren to bed at 6.45pm as part of an attempt to get him to sleep later. I have read and been told this may take 2 weeks to take effect and that he may wake at the usual time Still, I was not a Shiny Happy Mummy this morning at 4.30am when Wren decided it was daytime. I decided it was time to show him it was not daytime and left him to try and go back to sleep [aka cry and be miserable] for half an hour. When I went in he was lying down but hopped up and smiled when he heard me.

We got up.

He couldn't crawl he was so tired. He kept bonking his face into the carpet and lying there a while before whining at me to be carried. I was also bumping into things. We played a while [aka whined at each other] until 5.40am when I decided it was naptime. I nursed and put him down but he didn't agree and became suddenly animated and shrieked. I decided to try and give him 20 minutes to sleep.

He didn't.

It is now coming up to 2 hours awake and it is only 6.15am. I would go for a walk if I didn't have to get changed out of my PJ's. Even that task seems monumental. I am so fed up with this stage.

No comments: