Sunday, August 26, 2007

About that poppyseed cake..

After all that, I forgot to mention the orange poppyseed cake in my last post. Yesterday Natasha and I held an Australian tea party. On offer was Harrods Tea, Orange Poppyseed Cake and Remarkable Lemonade Scones with homemade (2004) Raspberry Jam and cream.

It was delicious and we managed to polish off all but one slice of the cake and all but 3 scones. We had 5 guests to tea, which helped.

Wren had a fabulous night's sleep. He woke only once - at 3am. I nursed him and put him back in his crib and he woke again at 5.40am for the day. That is not bad considering he went to bed at 6pm.

Unfortunately, as is often the case with mothers whose babies wake all night - I woke all night even when he didn't. At 2am I was wide awake waiting for a shriek. When none came I got up and peaked in his room at his sleep snuffling form.

I was doze-waking at 4am but he didn't wake then either so I had my own little night-waking party all on my own. Thankfully, I had all that nice cake and spa relaxation to think about and got back to sleep fairly quickly each time.

No comments: