Monday, June 4, 2007

Day 7 and the hacky sack

Wren has a new favorite toy - an old orange and plaid hacky sack of Josh's. He loves to hold it and shake it and chew it and drop it. Unlike many other toys he can play with this for an extended period. He is very driven to chew and drool and his greatest excitement is getting hold of handfulls of hair and tugging. He also laughs when Joshua pretends to bite his tummy or shoulder. I think he is ticklish.

Tonight is very hot and both Wren and Frost tossed and turned before getting to sleep. Last night Wren slept very well despite an unscheduled 4am wakeup when I left the alarm on by mistake. I nursed him since we were all wake and he had trouble getting back to sleep (was chatting and kicking in the crib) then slept in till 7.15am so we had an easy day with the 3 naps fitting in just fine.

He is napping much better now he is being kept up shorter periods between naps. He never wakes in less than an hour and has slept for over 1.5 hours at a naptime two days in a row.

Tonight I am going to see what happens if I don't wake him to nurse at all after 10pm.

3 comments:

Wyndi said...

it was good seeing you today! wren looks great, it was fun to hold him even if only for a min! he is sooo handsome! hoe we can get together soon

Shannon said...

Yes, we must make a plan. I think you said there were park dates on Mondays? I also enjoy the zoo and you can always come and visit us... I am not sure whether you have been over here?

Wyndi said...

i haven't been there yet all the ideas sound good:) the park dates are mondays at 11am