Thursday, May 10, 2007

Various small moments

I am sorry to announce that Dad (Grandad Peter [Rabbit]) has left to return to South Africa on his very long trip via Heathrow. I dropped him off at SeaTac this afternoon without a voice, bearing two small check-in bags, 16 boxes of chocolates and wearing oversize shoes for Orion which he hopes to age gracefully and avoid customs. Dad has a remarkably fast blink reflex so I was unable to get any flash pictures of him with his eyes entirely open. This is the best I can do. I think it is a lovely shot of all of them.


Here is another of Wren this week, taken by Frost. We both look a bit plumper than strictly necessary but Wren is enjoying himself. His sleep is still absolutely foul. In fact, in a week moment today I started paging through The Ferber Book and decided that I have completely messed up Wren's sleep by nursing to sleep, nursing when he wakes in the night, jiggling him to sleep, allowing him not to cry to sleep and not having a good reliable bedtime routine of bath, books, etc. All of these things seem completely out of my control right now and I am about to sink into a well of self-pity and despair about it. Last night was so bad I can't even identify when he woke and slept. It was all a jumbled blur of jiggling him, nursing him, calling joshua to jiggle him and despairing. After 4am I kind of gave up and felt better lying in the dark. Still, this cannot go on, obviously.




This last one is of Wren mouthing the washing basket. He loves to suck and chew on anything near his mouth... this is evidence. No teeth yet!

No comments: