Monday, March 12, 2007

Wren has a cold

Wren has a cold and didn't sleep restfully last night. He tossed and groaned and did his half-away rapid-breathing thing unless I rocked him or swung him or nursed him. This morning he had a very snotty nose and a bit of a cough. That said, he is doing okay with it and seems hungry and happy as normal when awake.

Meanwhile, he is spending longer periods of time on the gymini mat wihtout complaining. He reaches out and grabs the toy lion with the rattly feet and the woozle and tugs them around a bit. This is all new behaviour. Until a few days ago he was only batting at things but now he is almost always holding on and involuntarily shaking them which keeps him entertained.

I have been a bit lazy about tummy time because it makes him spit up if he has eaten recently and its hard to do it when he's hungry or tired. Still, he can hold his head up and pushes a bit with his hands.

Yesterday Josh played guitar for him and he really seemed to like that. He was lying on this diaper change wedge (his favorite place) kicking his legs and stretching them out while waving his arms and making little hooting sounds.

Last night I made it to the KapKa fundraiser for an hour and bid on a number of "party activities" for Frost and one of us. They all sounded super fun but Frost said I HAD TO buy a ticket for the rocket making party because that sounded "super cool".

Right now I am very inclined to find things for Frost that are super cool as he is not getting out as much as we used to. Once again, today is a rainy cold day with a grey sky and no hint of that spring glint that was around a few weeks ago. I am sure the peas Josh planted are happy for the watering.




This weekend we have Honey Bear staying with us. Honey Bear is a bear with a long history at KapKa. He visits the K-kids with his journal and they get to take him around and write about it. Here is Honey Bear visiting a toy shop and an eponymous coffee shop. Wren stayed home napping and it was a chance for Frost and I to have a bit of time on our own.

3 comments:

Wyndi said...

I am sorry he has a cold, I hope he is feeling better soon! Frost looks like he had lots of fun! what a great idea with the bear!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea with the bear! Glad to hear that Frost got some mommy time to himself. Hope Wren gets over his cold soon. Benjamin has a bad cold now too.
As for tummy time, have you tried just turning him over after every diaper change while you are finishing up? It is an easy way to remember, and he gets small amounts of tummy time consistently throughout the day. - Josephine

Shannon said...

Thanks for that idea about tummy time Josephine. I shall do it. A lot easier than the other way. Wren has now got the eye infection in the other eye and snores at night. I think he is also breathing a bit faster - or is breathing louder so I notice the speed. It makes me anxious but he is not having difficulty breathing and I suspect it is just the mucus in his nose.

Izzy: I am glad you had a happy birthday with all your family and friends. Frost had fun being off school today although I could hav edone with less of his fun by 9.30pm when he was still not sleeping (argh). I hope the cold goes soon too.