Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Frost has pinkeye

I had both boys at home today and while it was a happy day it was also very very tiring. Wren napped okay but was quite high maintenance between naps and Frost was feeling fine but confined at home so he was bouncing around after me talking nineteen to the dozen about "guys" and "shows" and "games" and "what I was thinking..."

I couldn't keep up.

I have been giving Frost antibiotics for his eyes but while his eyes look fine the drops really hurt and burn for a while so he may have a reaction to them.

Wren's eyes are pretty okay but he is still a bit miserable. Just not as resilient as usual.

Josh is home in twilight due to daylight saving and we are having a "build your own sushi" dinner as soon as Wren falls asleep.

All I want to do is lie in a hot bubble bath and then watch TV, preferably alone. At least one of these things is going to happen but since I am unsure whether Frost will be at school tomorrow he needs to have priority EAT-SLEEP stuff happening.

"Pretty cool base camp, huh?" asks Frost about the small collection of army guys and terrain he has arranged around the living room floor "Hey Shannon, check out its a double laser gun tank. It shoots two guns."

The reason he has these guys is all about my low level of resistance today at the consignment store. I was in a YES MAKE IT EASY mood. He has been trying to nag me into submission ever since. Peanut butter pretzels, gummi worms and ovaltine have been the result.

Tomorrow the lines will be redrawn.

3 comments:

Funky Mama said...

Just as an FYI - breastmilk has been proven to be helpful in treating pink eye in particular.

http://www.breastfeeding123.com/using-mothers-milk-to-treat-eye-conditions/

http://parenting.ivillage.com/baby/bhealth/0,,3x20,00.html

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/breastfeeding_illness.html

Shannon said...

Thanks Sabbath
I have been squirting EBM into wren's eyes and it seems to work although one is still a bit pink.

They say that breastmilk works for bacterial infection, not viral (same as the antibiotic drops) but they are not sure what Frost and Wren have.

I have got Frost the antibiotic because they allow a return to school after a day on them. I know it sounds silly but I need Frost at school a few days this week.

I think I will do both!

How are you doing? Have you moved yet?

Funky Mama said...

no, and it doesn't sound like we will be moving. Sticking around here for now!

I am glad that Wren is progessing so wonderfully, he is such a sweet looking baby!

All is well with us, thanks for asking! We can be found at www.babydavies.blogspot.com if you wanna check on us ;-)