Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Chewy gooey bitey

Wren is all drooly and chewy lately. He gnaws on everything he can lay his hands on (and thats a lot). He particularly likes to suck his fingers and blankets and when I have him in the sling he sucks on the edge near his mouth until it is very wet.

Its causing some problems for me because unless he is sucking he has a hard time falling asleep for naps. His nursing has changed too. He used to nurse like a sprinter - 10 minutes later he was looking up at me all smiley and interested in the sky. Thesedays he will suck and nibble for an hour if I let him. I don't often let him.

In the last few days he has also tried biting me. Yes, very sharp little nip can be delivered without teeth. I can't remember what the appropriate response is but a loud "NO!" and prompt removal from my breast seemed to convey my message. I suspect it happens after he has eaten and is just noodling away there but I will have to watch him more carefully now.

Right now he is in his swing chewing a blanket. Frost suggested he give his blanket (mimi) to Wren. Its kind of funny that Frost has given up his blanket (mimi) just as Wren heads into the sucky phase.

Oh, in case you ask. No tooth yet.

No comments: