Saturday, January 20, 2007

2am?

It was 2am before Wren would do more than have a nap-nursing. Argh. I had to get up at 7.45 to make Frost a rushed breakfast and lunch. Now it is after 1pm and he has still not napped more than 30 minutes. Ie. not long enough for me to fall asleep. I know he will sleep longer o-n-e d-a-y.

The problem of being sluggish is not the problem of this day.

Meanwhile, besides weird sleep:

  • Wren is starting to push and stand up on his feet when I hold him up.

  • He almost smiles at us. Well, he smiles but I'm not sure if he is smiling at me or the middle distance.

  • He has little rolls of fat on his thighs - first sign of the chubby baby stage.

  • I weighed him in a cardboard box on the kitchen scale and he is over 5kg at 5 weeks which seems to be kind of on track.

  • He makes little hoots and whistles occasionally - as well as the usual grunts and cries

  • He holds his head up for a bit and looks around but then gets the wobbles



We are going to see Sari on Saturday so she can listen to Frost's chest. He still has a cough he started before Wren was born. Sari is also going to meet Wren for the first time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear he is more awke today. I am sorry you are not getting sleep. i hope you get a nap today:) love wyndi and izzy

Anonymous said...

i hope you got some sleep last night and wren too:) wyndi