Thursday, December 21, 2006

Late night updates

Wren seems to respond well to our singing, so I'm hanging out next to his bed giving it a go. Unfortunately, all I know are depressing and morbid Celtic lullabies, but since he doesn't understand the lyrics I think they'll be alright.

His stats continue to look good. Most reassuringly, his feet aren't ice cold anymore. Upper temp is a perfect 37C while lower temp is now at 33.4C and rising fast enough that I can see the numbers climb on the monitor. His BP was also looking good enough that they've already lowered his Dopamine dose from 10 to 8 (turns out the unit is micrograms/kilo of weight/minute. There's a unit that needs a shorter name). Upper BP is now 72/34 and lower 60/37. Those are lower than they were at Shannon's update, but that must be from the lowered Dopamine, and the nurse seemed to think they were doing well.

I heard a rumor that the cafeteria opened at 1am, so I'm going to try to get a snack.

-j

No comments: