Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 40th birthday. I spent the early morning with Wren at the hospital and just returned home for some eggs and salmon (and presents). Yum.

Wren had a bad night - lots of discomfit - probably from the 'mistake' at the hospital in which he was given formula instead of calorie enriched breastmilk. I came in this morning and found that no breastmilk had been used overnight so I looked in the room trash and found bottles of Alimentum. I was then told he was up every 10 minutes through the night. Ugh.

I have sorted this out with the medical team and apparently the nutritionists orders were not entered by the doctor so he was on formula as a default. Ugh. Ugh.

This morning he had lost weight instead of gaining. He has to gain daily for us to take him home. The good news is that this morning he nursed:

6am - 98g
9am - 90g

I hope he gains tomorrow - that can be my belated birthday present.

No comments: