Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Results fine

Wren's CBC came back almost normal.  His platelet count is okay so his big bruises are due to his athletic and high impact lifestyle.

However, his haemocrit was 32 which is low-normal.  He needs some multi-vitamins with iron.

I had my hair cut this morning while sleet and hail fell from a slate sky.  We're in an ultra-cold-air system coming from the arctic.  I imagine the wind coming over the Bering Sea and scouring the street outside.  Unfortunately, my atmospheric dramas are not borne out by my experience.  For some reason, beside the piece of skin revealed above my purple leg-warmers, it does not feel cold.   I wonder if this is because I have been eating veggie bacon and toast for breakfast and not running.  Oddly, running did not make me lose weight while not-running and eating bacon breakfasts is trimming me down.  What's that about you metabolic sports experts?

Last night we saw a possum in the sleet.  I threw him an old hamburger bun and he dwardled out from under the cover of the leafless hydraenga to pick up the pieces.   If we are now attacked by hordes of marauding possums, you can blame it on me.

Hawaii seems a long way away.

No comments: