Wednesday, June 2, 2010

PFST

We had a long weekend of chilly rain in Seattle but the sun broke through on Memorial Day afternoon, providing Frost and Alex with their first outdoor swim of the season. It must have been freezing, but both boys swam in Greenlake. Alex wore his footy wetsuit but Frost just had a swim-shirt.

This morning, heading out the door, Frost asked me what the weather would be like. I told him it would be like yesterday.

He immediately returned to his room and fetched a fleece. This was unexpected. Frost never leaves the house with a warm layer. Even in the rain, he just likes a long sleeved shirt.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"It was very freezing yesterday in Greenlake," he said. "It looked sunny but it was like ICE! I couldn't even do crawl stroke on our challenges because I didn't want to put my face in the water."

So, Frost is suffering from Post First Swim Trauma - otherwise known as PFST - and has gone to school in fleece pants, long sleeved shirt and coat.

Wren and I were wearing sandals, insisting on a walk to the playground this morning.

"That's a ripoff! That's a total ripoff!" shouts Wren from the iPad (its iPad half-hour in the morning )

"Why's it a ripoff?"

"Because I did not win and the bad team won. Its a ripoff!"

He is iPadding while I am on hold to PSE to try and get a refund of that $6000 dollars I paid them by mistake. Oh, you don't know about that? I switched to our credit-card billpay and forgot to enter the decimal point when paying our electricity bill. The bill, for $59.89 was paid to the amount of $5989.

I now learn it will take five days to issue the refund which will be mailed to me. I wonder if this counts towards our reward points?

PFST also stands for Payment Fuckup Shock and Trauma.

No comments: