They did the usual and he checked out okay. The doctor said his lungs sounded clear but she would not be sure unless we ordered an X-ray. However, she left it up to me to do one now or watch him for another few days. She added that he had one "lesion" (it was an ulcer-like sore) on his throat which could be early coxsackie virus or he could have two viruses OR it could be pneumonia.
So, I decided to avoid an x-ray and watch for a few days to see how he does. His clear (sounding) lungs, no fever yet today, normal sats and normal respiration mean he's not in crisis even though he has a nasty-nasty wet sounding spasmodic cough.
We are drinking lots and he is feeling okay as long as I play with him ALL DAY LONG. Ask how I am feeling, ok?